Reports to Production Manager & Assistant Production Manager
Summary for Production Operator: Performs all tasks necessary to fill, cap, package and stock manufactured products plus manually moves, stacks, disassembles, or handles materials, supplies, and finished goods.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Verifies container, product, lot code and packaging are correct for item being produced.
- Continually inspects for quality containers, packaging, and product during production run.
- Places containers on assembly line to be filled.
- Packs containers as they are filled into inner and out packs.
- Stacks finished production on pallets according to pallet diagram.
- Maintains good housekeeping in and around work area.
- Communicates any production problems to lead person, and calls for mechanic when needed.
- Informs lead supervisors when containers, labels, and boxes as needed on the lines.
- Performs standard operational check as needed and documents as required.
- Assists lead person in counting and tagging materials to be returned to stock.
- Turns fillers, cappers, and labelers on and off as needed.
- Manually stacks finished goods on pallet according to product stack specifications.
- Loads labels into label machines.
- Removes strapping, open crates or boxes and removes packaging materials for operators.
- Stocks cap hoppers and moves outer packs to line for filling.
- Keeps work area clean.
- Manually stacks pallets for export orders.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand for long periods of time (approximately 80% of the time is spent standing up); walk; sit; reach; move; balance; stoop; kneel; talk or hear. The employee must be able to lift 50 pounds.
Good eye/hand coordination; basic understanding of filling equipment; ability to lift and stack 50 lb. containers; ability to stand, stoop, lift, and bend as needed.
I have read my job description and I understand the requirements of being successful in my job. I understand that I will be evaluated according to my adherence to my job description.