Customer Service Specialist Position Overview
Provide knowledgeable service to our insureds, their staff, and/or employers, with respect to specific customer service functions..
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Begin to develop comprehensive knowledge of core products and offerings.
- Develop knowledge and understanding of underwriting protocols, procedures, and policy language.
- Provide basic assistance to Policyholders answering coverage questions via telephone or email.
- Assist in developing quotes for changes in coverage, new policies and tail coverage for assigned territory.
- In conjunction with mentor, research files and gather information in order to assist with inquires.
- Compile Policyholder’s inquiry and/or requests.
- Manage phone calls, emails and workflow items in a timely manner while ensuring a high level of customer service.
- Verify the required release forms have been obtained and issue COI’s and Claims Histories on named insureds.
- Provide administrative support for the Underwriting Department, as needed.
- May participate in cross-functional teams.
- Meet or exceed supervisor’s expectations for productivity, quality, continuous improvement, and goal accomplishment.
- Contribute to company's success by identifying opportunities and making recommendations that may lead to improved processes.
- Complete special projects and other duties assigned..
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently and recognize when and how to effectively collaborate with others.
- Proficient with Microsoft suite of products including Outlook, Word and Excel and a variety of software programs.
- Focused with good analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple projects.
- Ability to research, read, comprehend, analyze, apply and distill large amounts of information into conversations.
- Associate Degree or above with a minimum of 36 months specialized training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Regular and predictable on-site attendance required.
- Ability to work remotely as business needs dictate.